Saturday, November 13, 2010

Before and After/ Gainesville Florida Photographer

Sometimes when I have a few minutes to myself I love to play around with images from sessions that didn't make the cut.  I typically go through the images from a session three times before narrowing down my choices of what will go in a gallery.  It often leaves a lot of "OK" images behind, ones that I might use in an album or storyboard.  But sometimes I'll leave one behind just because I know it will need a lot of processing to make it good.  Maybe it was underexposed, or there was something distracting in the background.  Here's an example of an image that was far from being right straight out of the camera.  It was the very first shot of this session, so a test shot really, and ended up pretty underexposed.  It was still sharp though, and he's such a cute little guy that I decided to see if I could bring it back to life.  Here's the result...

BEFORE:


AFTER:

So there you go.  Not every picture you take will be great straight out of the camera.  Sometimes they just need a little boost to make them pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment